Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday and Sunday...Week 1

We decided to focus our efforts on the basement. The plan: get the basement cleaned, organized and ready for our friends who arrive on Feb 3. The obstacles: mildew in the storage space, where to put other people’s stuff that we are currently storing, and time. Angie came over for a tuna fish lunch and the movie UP. She watched the kids and listened for sleeping Kyler while we attacked (Ang was our answer to the question of “time”). Slow moving, but we are at least moving ahead. We had Kolby’s carseat, double stroller, single stroller and a ton of other stuff in the storage space downstairs…now covered in mildew. What is the differernce between mold and mildew? Looks the same to me…

Another project needing some attention would be our bathroom upstairs. We need a new shower curtain (our other one is covered in mold), new toilet seat (it pinches your bootie every time you sit on it and the hardware is barely holding it in place), and to teach Kolby to hit the toilet the whole time he’s peeing!

Gabby is still not staying asleep…she fell asleep at 8:30 and then consistently woke up every 30 minutes to 2 hours until 1 a.m. In that time frame she yelled “Mommy!”, cired, and took her diaper off a couple times. The last time it happened she peed on her bed and the mattress that is on the floor (to catch her incase she ever falls out). I’m not as smart as Erin…I am going to have to start turning her jammies around and zipping her up the back too! She is going to send Jon and I both right over the edge! Kolby went to bed at 8:30 and we didn’t hear a peep out of him till 9 a.m. And of course Kyler is sleeping like a champ now! So great!

Sunday consists of pancakes made by Daddy and Kolby, watching CCV online, and a park run (Jon took the kids while I stay to organize the upstairs and Kyler naps…oh wait, and write this blog). Tonight Jon has a training so I think I will catch up on some reading after I do Turbo Jam J. Week one for us is almost up. And our internet works! I thought that would not be the case at all…huge blessing. Gabby wanted to call Nana (Nee-nah) and Grandma (Mee-ma) the minute she woke up this morning. I told her she was going to have to wait till later in the day. That was not the answer she was looking for. Kolby has been building things all over with his new toys and legos. And I see he left his little flashlights and his tea light candle (an electric one) on…

All in all, week one not too shabby! We will see what week two brings!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm sorry that Gabby isn't sleeping well. I love the idea of zipping her in her pjs backwards! I've never heard of that before and it made me laugh! Good luck!