Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday...Day 4 of our first week home

Today we were reunited to our house cleaner Samira. It’s so hard to be excited to see people when you can only communicate a couple of things to them! Manel, our language teacher, is stopping by this afternoon. Thankfully she speaks English or I just couldn’t handle it (b/c I really want to catch up with her!). Jon took off this morning to investigate his language class possibilities and try his luck with the Internet company…again. He’s already talked to them once. Last night I made a run to the “Walmart” type store here (Geant). It was so great pushing around that big heavy cart piled high with groceries, diapers, toilet paper (you know, the usual)…and not being pregnant while doing it! I realized I am used to not being pregnant in America only. While being back here I am still praising Jesus that my pregnancy is over! For too long I lugged around my laundry baskets (up and down 3 flights of stairs) and got groceries with 2 kids and huge pregnant…doing these things with my own body back will not be taken for granted! It was interesting to me how things have changed at Geant. Like I saw powdered creamer! Not flavored but still…I have never seen creamer here before. And now they have a “pet” aisle (for those 5 families here who actually have a pet???). Lots more selections of towels too…bright colors…but one towel for $15!

Last night the kids slept pretty good. I had to get up with them a couple times. But we had to get them up at 8 a.m. since Samira was here. Hopefully we are on our way to adjusting to this time zone. Jon and I keep saying, “Gosh, I am still hungry.” Then Jon finally said, “Oh yeah, I bet we are hungry all the time b/c of the food!” Duh. We totally forgot how long it took our bodies to adjust to the food here 2 years ago. Crazy that only 3 months away can make a difference. K & G are constantly eating too. Yesterday Gabby had 3 yogurts at one time.

Slowly getting things put away. I bought some of those sticky things to decorate the kids’ rooms with! I am so excited to put them up!! I bought Kolby basketballs, soccerballs, etc. and Gabby has flowers. Poor Kyler, who knows where he will end up in the mix! Maybe Kolby’s room someday, maybe his own room? Depending on what happens in the future I guess. For now we will move him to our fourth, bedroom which is our guest room/Jon’s office. We need to start working on our basement and turn it into our “guest house”. Our friends from Venezuela are coming back in Feb! They will be living down there until they find a new home, We are so excited for them and still SHOCKED they actually got their visa after waiting for SO LONG!

Time to feed Kyler. He’s such a happy little thing. I finally got him moved to a 3 ½ hour schedule so I feel like I have so much time during the day J. (P.S. Jon got the internet working!!!!)

1 comment:

Stacey Gibson said...

Reasa! I'm so glad you're blogging. You are a rock star to travel around the work with 3 kids in tow. Just one was enough to cause numerous anxiety-filled moments for me. But 3? Good job friend. Hoping your all get settled back into "normal" life soon. I seriously want to come see you guys sometime soon!