Friday, January 29, 2010

Gabby and the twos

I am realizing this week that there are many things I have already forgotten that Kolby did and said when he was Gabby's age. Even though the "2s" can be trying, they are also filled with lots of laughter due to that child's personality emerging. Here are a couple things I don't want to forget about Gabby's "2s".

She "enjoys" picking out her own clothes, shoes, tights, hair clips, spoons, bowls, you name it, she wants to pick it out. Last night we were reading Jay Jay the Jet Plane. Before I read each page she would have to name each plane. Jay Jay was always Kolby, the pink plane was Gabby, the green plane was Papa or Mee-ma, the strong gray plane was "Daddy", and the firetruck was Jayden (a cousin) or "Unca Ben" (Uncle Ben). Its interesting to me how she usually names everything a family members' name...except if she sees a little girl with blonde hair, then it's always Ellie (her best friend here).

This morning at breakfast she was chatting away (most of which we couldn't understand) over her bowl of cereal. Kolby says, "Gabby, I don't understand anything you are saying!" Gabby replies (hand on hip and getting the sassy head shake going on), "KOLBY! I am talkin' to MOMMA!"

Every time we leave the house we have to go over (and over) who is coming with us. For example, "Daddy going?"

"No, honey, Daddy is staying here."

"Baby Kyler going?" "Kolby going?" "Mommy going?" "Gabby going?"....you get the picture.

She's also into playing this little game. It's called "Where's all the people?" And yes, that is the game. She asks me where all the people are over and over again...whether we are alone, out in public, at someone's house, or in the car. And if she is ready to talk to people and there are none around she wants to call Nana or Mee-ma on the phone NOW. That usually takes care of her "I need people NOW" problem...unless of course it's in the middle of the night in America.

Last night we all sat and watched this little My Little Pony DVD that came in her little tea cup house she got for Christmas. It's so funny to see Jon's reactions to such girly things! I LOVE it!! Gabby and I were having the time of our lives while Kolby and Jon were mocking us...it starts young, the battle of the sexes. I say, "More My Little Pony and pink!" Jon says, "Kolby, lets go downstairs and build a man cave with a pool table."

A couple minutes ago I was laying beside Gabby while she got settled in her bed to go to sleep. It's dark except for the glow of the night light. I think she thought I was asleep. She takes her thumb out of her mouth (which she sucks only while she holds her "Mick", a blue pack n play sheet) and studies it carefully. She cleans it off with her Mick and touches it and talks to it. Then she counts all her fingers real quietly (one, two, pree, pour, pive). She proceeds to LICK each of them! Like she was tasting them to see if they were as good as her thumb. I guess she decided her thumb was still the best choice b/c she talked to it again and stuck it in her mouth, pulled Mick up over her hand and closed her eyes.

Oh the life of a two year old.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute! :) Love you!
Lisa

Nat said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS! And highly entertaining! BTW - can't believe that Brogan was that small at your wedding...Gabby looked precious.

Anonymous said...

OH MYYYY! Gabby is going to make me laugh again soon! I'm eagerly awaiting the joy that little girl will bring me, as she clearly has you. Ha! Love it!!