Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life happening

Feeding Kyler on the couch this morning, here is the conversation happening around me…

Gabby: Bye bye! Going to church now! (pulling a rolling wooden fish and holding a Berenstain Bears “Safe and Sound” book)

Kolby: Bye honey! You are my wife and this is our kid (pointing to me) and this is our baby (pointing to Kyler). But our kid has to feed our baby b/c our mom doesn’t have the right breast milk.

G: Hi! Blah blah blah (whatever it was that she was saying, who knows!)

K: Hi honey, how was church? Is that your bear bible about safety gear?

G: Yeah, my bible!

K: God says we should always wear our safety gear so we don’t get hurt on our skateboards, honey…

Seriously cracking me up. We have officially conquered the sleepless night problems! Gabby acts like she is catching up on 3 months of not sleeping well. Yesterday was the first day I let her take a nap (from 1 to 3, I had to wake her up) and she went to bed at 8 p.m. and woke up this morning at 9 a.m. (we didn’t hear a peep out of either of the older kids). Zipping up her jammies has proven to be one of the most brilliant pieces of advice our dear friend Erin has given us. Kolby has been sleeping great also. They helped me put their new “decorations” on their walls Sunday night. They were super excited and love playing in their rooms now b/c of them! Yesterday we started back up with Arabic. Jon worked at home (so Kyler could get his morning nap) while Kolby, Gabby, Angie, and I headed to Manel’s school from 9 to 11. So nice!! Imen watched the kids in the “kid room” while Angie and I jumped into language (I’m moving up…level 2). It’s so great to study with someone else and NOT at my house! I have basically been studying with Manel on my own for 2 years…minus the couple months I studied with my friend Jen B a year or so ago.

We officially have a bedroom to ourselves again. Last night we moved Kyler down the hall. Ah, life as it should be. Today we have our first AWANA since being back. Jon is working on hotel/travel arrangements for a group coming on Saturday. Ang and I are planning a baby shower for Veronica and Jen for Thurs. night. Kolby starts preschool in the afternoons tomorrow 3 days a week (2 with Ang, one with me). Manel’s other sister is offering a kiddie art class on Saturdays for an hour. So this Sat. I will take the K boys and my kids to art class! That ought to be interesting. Let’s see…what else? Yesterday Kolby and Gabby spent an hour running up and down the stairs to retrieve their “parachute men” Aunt Renee gave them for Christmas. They sent them sailing from Kolby’s balcony. Good exercise. Thanks, Aunt Renee. Good stuff happening around here in Africa. I also decided today that my ants are more like pets now. Instead of having a dog to eat all the crumbs off the floor, my ants do it! It just takes them a whole day and night. But if I leave the crumbs there long enough they will fit them all through the cracks in the walls and then be gone! Hey, if you can’t have a pet dog (b/c they are all strays and scary) then why not have pet ants?

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! You sound (in writing) so happy!! The conversation between K and G is hilarious but eww and gross on the kid feeding the baby- HA.

So glad Gabby is sleeping again and not naked :)

I like the idea of pet ants, you can't name them- too many- so you won't get too attached. Plus- there are always more where they came from!

Alison said...

Reasa, this story is too funny! I'm so glad you keep this blog. It's nice to stay connected. I'm going to send my mom the link, so she can print some of this out for Grandma to read.

Megan said...

Hahaha! They crack me up!

I'm glad to hear the Gabby is sleeping through the night plus some!

Nat said...

Aren't you glad that life continues to happen! - God says to wear safety stuff - HAHA!