Monday, August 25, 2008

The Waiting Game

At this VERY moment my fabulous husband and our language tutor are on their way to sign papers so we can have a CAR! My very American colors shine through whenever the subject of "car" comes up...to me it means independence, freedom, an easier way of doing things with 2 children (versus taking a hot taxi). Poor Jon has worked so hard at trying to get us a car for about 2 months straight. It's not as easy as it sounds. After finally FINDING a car we could actually afford and it be useful for our family, visitors, and friends, Jon went to the bank Friday morning only to hear, "We don't have that much money here." We live in a cash society now...so Jon was trying to take out all the cash we would need for our scary purchase (and thanks to Leanne's hard efforts and huge headaches we actually have the money in a bank account here). This morning he headed to the bank as early as possible. He text me to say they took him in the back with all the money, gave him a bag, and started dumping the bills in it. I wish I would have been there to take a picture! Can you just imagine Jon walking out of the bank, getting into a taxi, etc. all with a big ol' bag of money? The thought of it cracks me up (it will you too if you REALLY know Jon & money's relationship). Who knows if we will actually get the car today...or how long all this "paperwork" will take...but we are used to the waiting game now! Hopefully soon I can post a picture of FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ohhh- I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see a picture. I hate loads of cash- it always makes me nervous. Like the whole world can see how much I have and how easy it would be to take me and steal the money :) When in reality- they have NO idea. By far my biggest sorrow with Ian not having another job is thinking about not being able to come in Feb. We will come, just might have to delay it. But- that's my biggest heartbreak for sure. I'm looking forward to touring the countryside and visiting the beach in your new wheels!

Justin and Veronica Aichele said...

I think we should name the car "green bean" because it is long and green. Or maybe a name like Freedom Fighters would be more accurate. 1,000 congrats to you guys.

the Johnsons said...

hmm... carrying a bag of money is like out of a movie! too funny. glad He is taking care of you guys! :)