Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kolby's tongue bugs

While reading to Kolby and Gabby tonight before bath time, Kolby gets little hairs or something on his tongue from these black fuzzy gloves he is wearing. He tries to get the hairs off with his gloved fingers. Not working out so well for him. So I say, "It might work better if you take the gloves off, honey." He does and continues to "itch" his tongue. I ask, "Does your tongue feel funny?" Here is his response:

"Yea. Well it's all bu.....ggy. (I think he's going to say bumpy like normal people.) There are lots of little hidden bugs on my tongue dressed in camouflage. Oooh its all buggy!"

For his sixth birthday he wants to have a "spooky ghost" party. I was trying to get him to have a pirate party (b/c he really does like pirates) but in the end he always comes back to spooky ghosts so I decided just to go for it. Saturday is the big day. Our son with the buggy tongue will be six! I can hardly believe it. I wish I would take the time to write down all the things he says and does. Some of them are so funny and others are so sweet....okay and some of them are sassy. I want to be able to tell him someday when he has kids of his own some of the things he said and did!

Here a sweet one: reading "Make Way for Ducklings" tonight and the mommy duck says to the daddy duck that he doesn't need to worry about her b/c she knows all there is to know about raising children. Kolby looks up at me, giggles, and says, "Just like you, Mom!" Oh, if only I really did, Kolby!!! But it warms my heart to hear you say that. A little confidence booster for the end of the day.

No comments: