Saturday, July 4, 2009

If you want to experience part of our life...

It's 10:30 p.m. Shouldn't I be in bed? Of course there are no fireworks to watch here, so why stay awake? I just took 3 short videos. It's a good reason to stay awake. Go ahead, turn up your computer, the volume is about that loud at my house right now, and enjoy the wedding music from our neighbor's house.


This is me standing in the dark in our living room. Our house is dark, everyone (but me) is asleep upstairs.


This is when I am standing in our kitchen. If I were to go upstairs and take a video, it would sound the same...even with our fans and air conditioners running. Please note, all our windows and doors are closed tightly! But now I will walk out the kitchen door onto our balcony so you can get a close up on the action. Unfortunately the first time I hit the wrong button on the camera so you don't get to see the arrival of the bride...which consisted of a long line of cars waiting outside the driveway, honking like crazy. But this will still give you a good taste.



This wedding party will be kickin' till around 2 or 3 a.m...hopefully I will be asleep by then. Not sure though! Inshallah (if the Lord wills)!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

NO WAY. Oh I'm so glad the kids can sleep through that, but really. Don't they know that after midnight it's called disturbing the peace :) Lucky you, hope wedding season is over soon- HA.

Tsh said...

Oh my dear, are you sure you don't live in my neighborhood? Something about the summer inspires people here to have weddings every! single! weekend! here. And man, are they loud. They would so get busted in the States for noise pollution. Seriously... I'm thankful our place is well-insulated. Because we can't hear ourselves think when we're outside near a wedding.

Lisa said...

this is hilarious. how crazy! bless your heart, seriously!