Thursday, June 19, 2008

Therapy!!


Well, here I am doing something I keep telling myself I don't have time for! Which I don't but I decided after talking to some friends that maybe this stuff would be good therapy for me...a way to stay in touch with the people I love who live in America and a way for those people to know more about us (and the weird things that happen when living in another country). I decided I need my friends & fam to know about my life...not b/c they really need to know but I really NEED them to know. Somehow it makes the gap between my new life and my old life not feel so incredibly big. At least it feels big 6 months into living here in Africa...or maybe it's just the trash, cats, and dogs that are blurring my vision...At any rate I am going to give it a try! Here I am with my ball of fun...at Gabriella's first birthday party.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! Posted by the african groggs may be my favorite part about your blog. That's too funny. I'm so proud of you Reasa for starting a blog! I can't wait to read more about your life in Africa. I think it's not just that you need your friends to know about what's happening there because I can safely say that I NEED to know about what's happening with you too! And I'm sure I'm not the only one of the tons of friends you have here in America! I love you friend,
Lisa

Lisa Ingram said...

It's great to see your life in pics! I'm SOOO glad you are doing this. We miss you LOTS!!! Our kids are both having a great summer. But I've decided 10weeks of not seeing them is too long...but then again it's all relative, right?!? So stop whining! I'm so glad to see & hear about your life....keep it up! That way we know how to pray! Love you all...hug each other for us...Lisa Ingram

Unknown said...

hey guys!!!! Your blog and pics are cute:) We miss you guys! we just got into OR on sunday after a long trip but we're excited to be here:) Hope all is going well over there-miss you!

love morgan and andrew

the Johnsons said...

oh reasa- i'm so excited you're going to blog now! i miss your guys' life so much. i can't believe your kids are so big! we are thinking of having another one soon, i really want Everly to have a brother or sister. well, soon is a relative term since it takes a few months! :) anyway, i would love to come see you guys and the runyons some time. i know i've said this a bunch. can we send you some stuff? we get cheerios and kix for free through wic and have a surplus! we could send you those! :) and anything else you might want. :) love you guys!

mamahetrick said...

Hey look at you! I love seeing all of you and being able to share in your life across the water. It still amazes me how fast the little ones grow... Thanks for taking the time and effort to keep us all included in your preicous life. Leslie just left for Camp, remember when we use to go, it was just yesterday. Love you all! De