Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our first big ouchy in Africa


Here is our brave boy!! Kolby was running up our MARBLE STAIRS on Tuesday night and slipped, hitting his front teeth on the edge of the step. These pics were taken the next morning. He wanted to look at himself :) Yeah, notice the jewels...he says he's King Kolby...we will go along with that for now :) Thankfully our friend Veronica knows all about teeth :) She came over in the morning to look at his left front tooth. From the pic you can tell it's loose and crooked. Veronica went to the dentist with us yesterday morning. The dentist was FABULOUS, very gentle and kind. And Kolby was super excited to show him his tooth, ride in the big chair, and get an xray. The conclusion: he fractured his left front tooth in 2 places. Estimated time is about 2-3 months the roots will die and his tooth will probably be falling out. I am just thankful it's a baby tooth. Today his poor lip is still swollen but he is eating better and running around. His biggest fear was that he was going to lose all his teeth. He really wanted to go to the doctor so the doctor could make it all better. He's been great with the whole thing...a little whiny with me but I think that's because he knows that Mommy will baby him all he wants!! And she has! It just reminds me that in an instant myself or someone I love could be changed forever...with a little or big accident. Thankfully this one was little. I am still counting my blessings that I have 2 healthy children with 5 fingers and 5 toes...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

oh wow Reasa! Sweet Kolby! You're so right, in an instant everything could change. How crazy to think about, but so true. And even more reason to live in the moment, not worry about the future. Our kids are so good at helping us to do that! Give him a kiss from us. Love you!
Lisa

Erin said...

OW I would be whining too.Tell Kolby Amelia will think he's super cool because he's missing a tooth- she keeps pulling on her teeth trying to get them to fall out- HA. And I'm assuming you meant 5 fingers on each hand and 5 toes on each foot unless there's a post I missed ;) Missed you on Thursday, praying for your delivery. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Megan said...

OUCH! I'm glad he's going to be okay!

Nat said...

They say that when you loose your first tooth, the whole reading thing takes off like a shot - there ya go, he's reading ahead of the curve, so he needed a little help to get rid of that tooth - speed the process up a little! :) Miss you gobs