Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Living with the Longs









About the pics: Lattes in the morning with Ian's omelettes...oh so good. Jon has a new best friend, Amelia. The kids made orange juice the first morning they were here, in their cow boy hats (Thanks, Gma!).
Erin celebrated her birthday here in Africa! We asked a friend to watch the kids and went on a date to this Lebanese restaurant. The Dads are having fun with the kids rolling down this hill at the park on Sunday afternoon.
Oh it was so wonderful to have the Longs for a visit...we are hoping they tell you the same :) What a refreshing time for us. I am pretty sure Jon and I haven't laughed that hard since we moved here. It really reminded us of who we were and who we want to be here.
Erin, the morning you left I read this verse, no lie:
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever." Psalm 52:8
Our olive wood finds take on a whole other meaning now (its also my verse for Geek Week this week!). Longs, thanks for encouraging us as we try to flourish here. Our time with you was priceless.

No comments: